Super Simple Spinach Soufflé
Not just super simple, this creamy spinach and rice soufflé is super tasty.
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
4 large eggs, separated
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
Dash ground nutmeg
2 cups cooked rice*
- Cook onion with spinach, following spinach package directions; drain thoroughly.
- Beat egg yolks. Combine egg yolks, soup, sour cream, pepper and nutmeg in large bowl; mix well. Stir in rice and spinach.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl until stiff but not dry; fold into rice mixture.
- Turn into greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Makes 6 servings.
*According to the USA Rice Federation, 1 cup uncooked long grain rice cooked in 2 cups liquid for 18 to 20 minutes will yield approximately 3 to 4 cups cooked rice.
Recipe provided courtesy of USA Rice Federation.