Tangy Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
Twice baked potatoes stuffed with a simple filling seasoned with toasted onion sour cream dip and sharp cheddar cheese.
6 baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream dip with toasted onion
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pierce potatoes with tines of a fork.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F (220°C) oven 40 to 60 minutes or till tender.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out insides, reserving shells.
- In a large mixing bowl combine hot potato, dip, Cheddar cheese, butter, and pepper. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells; sprinkle tops with paprika. Place in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 12 servings.
Microwave Directions: Pierce potatoes with tines of a fork. Arrange in a circular spoke pattern in microwave oven, leaving a space between each potato. Cook, uncovered, on high for 16 to 17 minutes or until tender, rearranging twice. Scoop out pulp and make filling as directed above. Arrange half of the filled potatoes on a 12-inch microwave-safe pizza plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 to 5 minutes or until hot, giving dish a half turn once. Cover loosely to keep warm. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.