Cheesy Spinach Spud Supreme
Baked potatoes are split, fluffed up with a fork and topped with a sautéed mixture of bacon, mushrooms, spinach and Swiss cheese.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry
6 slices uncooked bacon, diced
1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Swiss cheese
4 potatoes, baked, hot
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove to drain on paper towels.
- Drain all but 3 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet. Add mushrooms; sauté until tender.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet; add flour, blending well. Gradually add broth and garlic powder; stir constantly until thickened.
- Stir in spinach, bacon and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Slice open potatoes; fluff insides with a fork. Spoon an equal amount of spinach mixture over and into each potato. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.