Summer Cucumber Soup
Lemon juice, yogurt and sour cream give this cool cucumber soup a nice tangy flavor. Serve this piquant, luscious soup on hot days with dainty, crustless sandwiches cut into diamond shapes.
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dillweed
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1 cup sour cream
1 lemon, sliced
1 cup peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped cucumber
- Combine chicken broth, onion, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt, dillweed and garlic powder in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Add yogurt and sour cream to blender; process until smooth. Add cucumbers; pulse just until finely chopped.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish each serving with sliced lemon.
Makes 10 servings.
- Seed cucumber before chopping if desired. Try using non-fat sour cream
- If you realize that the amount of soup will be too large for the blender jar after the sour cream, yogurt and cucumber are added, do these steps in two batches, then combine entire mixture in a tureen, saucepan or bowl before serving; mix well.
- This soup can also be prepared in a food processor.