Turkey & Vegetable Lime Piccata
Turkey breast cutlets are sautéed with fennel, carrots, red onion, zucchini and served in a lime-infused pan sauce.
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - divided use
1 large bulb fennel, trimmed, cut into slivers
3 large carrots, cut into slivers
1 medium red onion, cut into slivers
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 medium zucchini, cut into slivers
1 1/4 pound Honeysuckle White® Breast Cutlets
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1 large lime
1/3 cup water
Chicken base, as needed
- In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat; add fennel, carrots, onion, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in zucchini; cook until vegetables are tender. Transfer this mixture to a bowl.
- Cut turkey cutlets or chops in half horizontally, and pound to 1/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle with pepper, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until turkey just loses its pink color throughout. Transfer to bowl with vegetables.
- Squeeze juice from half of lime; slice remaining half and set aside separately. Pour lime juice and 1/3 cup water into drippings in skillet, stirring until brown bits are loosened. Return turkey and vegetables to skillet; heat through.
- Serve garnished with the lime slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.