Italian-seasoned and sautéed turkey cutlets simmered in a zesty brandied lemon sauce.
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound turkey cutlets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups sliced celery
1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons brandy
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, crushed garlic clove, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Brush the mixture evenly over turkey cutlets.
- In a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add the turkey and sauté until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add thinly sliced celery and fennel seed to the skillet and sauté for 5 minutes; set aside with the turkey.
- Add chicken broth and brandy to the skillet; bring to a boil while stirring.
- Return the turkey and celery mixture to the skillet, reduce the heat to low; sprinkle with lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and chopped parsley. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked through.
Makes 4 servings.