Fast and tasty, turkey stir-fry served over cooked noodles.
1 pound turkey
1/2 cup white wine
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1/3 pound green beans, sliced
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup sliced mushroom
Hot cooked Chinese or other egg noodles for accompaniment
- Slice turkey into thin strips; place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup white wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch, and pepper; toss to coat; marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup white wine, 2 tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar; set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Slowly add oil; stir in crushed garlic clove, grated ginger root, and the turkey mixture. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add grated carrots, sliced green beans, chopped green onions, thinly sliced mushrooms, and the white wine mixture; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Serve over the egg noodles.
Makes 4 servings.