A quick and easy appetizer made with ingredients typically on hand.
Recipe Ingredients:1 (12-inch) loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices on the diagonal
Honey Dijon-style mustard
12 ounces deli sliced roasted turkey breast or ham or a combination of both
Sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place bread slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Lightly spread butter on bread.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Spread each bread slice with mustard; then layer with turkey (or ham), about 1/2 teaspoon relish and sprinkle with cheese over the top.
- Broil about 4-inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Makes 24 servings.