Apricot Glazed Drummettes
These chicken drummettes with a sweet and savory apricot glaze are sure to be a hit.
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
1/3 cup soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Few drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken drummettes
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened. Add remaining sauce ingredients, except apricot preserves and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, on low for 20 minutes. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in apricot preserves.
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place drummettes in a greased 13x9-inch baking pan and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Pour sauce over all, mixing well to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes, basting occasionally, or until drummettes test done.
Makes about 3 dozen appetizers.