Asian Popcorn Medley
One bite of this savory snack mix and you'll be hooked. Better make a double batch.
6 cups popped popcorn
2 cups Oriental rice cracker mix
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or to taste
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil, or to taste
- Mix popcorn and rice cracker mix together in a large bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on HIGH until melted, about 20 seconds. Stir in soy sauce, ginger and oil.
- Drizzle over popcorn mixture; toss.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet and bake in a 300°F (150°C) oven for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Allow to cool, serve or store in airtight container.
Makes 2 quarts; 8 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.