Avocado Angel Eggs
These pretty deviled eggs are heavenly bites of deliciousness!
1 dozen large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
2 ripe California avocados
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Scant 1 teaspoon coarse ground garlic powder
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or green onions
2 teaspoons capers mashed, optional
Garnish, slivers of red, yellow or green bell pepper
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise removing egg yolks.
- Use egg yolks in another recipe.
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Peel avocado and cube.
- In bowl combine avocado, lemon juice and garlic mashing to blend. Stir in shallots or green onions and capers, if desired.
- Fill each egg white with avocado mixture. Garnish with bell pepper and serve. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 24 deviled egg halves.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 35; Total Fat: 3g; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 55mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the California Avocado Commission.