Bacon-Wrapped Figs with Maple Snakebite Glaze and
Goat Cheese and Thyme Dip
Give your tastebuds a tasty kick with these savory bites. Serve as part of your party buffet.
6 strips bacon, halved crosswise
12 figs, stemmed*
12 pecan pieces, toasted
Maple Snakebite Glaze:
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
Goat Cheese and Thyme Dip:
1/4 cup soft goat cheese (2 ounces)
1/4 cup cream cheese (2 ounces)
3 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- For Bacon-Wrapped Figs: Place 4 layers of paper towels on microwave-safe plate. Top with bacon slices. Cover with two more layers of paper towels. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes to render fat from bacon but not crisp.
- While bacon cools, slice each fig twice, starting at stem end, and cutting three-quarters of way to bottom. Stuff each fig with a pecan piece. Wrap a half strip of bacon around each fig and secure with toothpick. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until bacon is sizzling and begins to crisp.
- For Maple Snakebite Glaze: In small bowl, combine syrup and cayenne pepper. Brush mixture over appetizers.
- For Goat Cheese and Thyme Dip: Combine all dip ingredients in small bowl. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Serve appetizers warm with chilled dip.
Makes 12 appetizers; 1/2 cup dip.
*Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California work well.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.