Beef Skewers with Garlicky White Bean Dip
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 pound beef top sirloin steak, boneless, cut 1-inch thick
1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
16 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
Garlicky White Bean Dip:
1 (15.5-ounce) can great Northern beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sherry or balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil - divided use
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- To prepare Garlicky White Bean Dip, place beans, water, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and salt in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 of bean dip into clear serving bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon paprika and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Top with remaining bean dip, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover; set aside.
- Soak sixteen 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
- Combine garlic-pepper seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon paprika; sprinkle evenly over beef.
- Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3-inches from heat. Broil about 4 to 5 minutes for medium rare (145°F | 162.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning once. Serve with Garlicky White Bean Dip.
Makes 16 servings.
Tip: Bean dip may also be served in a shallow dish. Spread entire dip mixture into dish. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika on top; drizzle with 2 teaspoon olive oil.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 68; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 12mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 215mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.