Beef Wellington Appetizers
Chunks of marinated sirloin steak are topped with minced chicken liver, wrapped in pastry and baked until golden brown.
1/2 pound sirloin steak
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
Pastry for double crust pie
4-ounces cooked chicken livers
1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut sirloin steak into 1/2 x 1-inch pieces. Marinate in teriyaki sauce for 1 hour.
- Prepare a two crust pie shell dough; roll into two 9 x 12-inch rectangles, then cut into 2 x 3-inch strips.
- Finely grind chicken livers until smooth. Divide over each steak piece then place the steak piece on a pastry strip; fold to enclose and seal the edges.
- Brush with beaten egg and place on a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.