Black Sesame Mustard Popcorn
For an easy snack with exotic Asian flair, try this simple sesame medley of seasonings.
4 quarts popped popcorn
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon yellow mustard powder
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt (or popcorn salt)
- Place popcorn in a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sesame oil and mustard powder.
- Microwave butter mixture for 20 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Stir until mustard powder is dissolved and mixture is well blended.
- Drizzle butter mixture over popcorn and toss.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and salt over popcorn and toss again; serve immediately.
Makes 4 quarts; 16 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.