Brisket Brie Slider
The addition of a full-bodied cheese--like an earthy goat brie--give this slider its own unique, delicious profile.
6 slider rolls, halved
2 tablespoons red currant or pomegranate jam (optional)
3/4 cup caramelized onion mixture from Braised Brisket recipe
3/4 cup diced fennel (save fronds for garnish)
6 thin slices homemade brisket (cut to fit size of slider rolls)
1 (6.5-ounce) box of Woolwich Dairy Goat Brie, thinly sliced (with or without rind)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Toast rolls in toaster oven and place on foil lined baking sheet. If desired, spread with red currant or pomegranate jam.
- Mix onions and fennel together, warmed in microwave 30 seconds (or 3 minutes in saucepan). Carefully divide mixture between rolls.
- Top with slice of brisket and goat brie.
- With roll tops to the side, warm in oven 3 to 5 minutes, to soften and melt cheese.
- Cover with roll top, serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: To minimize waste, use a good cheese plane to carefully cut off rind from very cold round of brie if desired.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Jarlsberg, Woolwich Dairy, García Baquero, and Old Amsterdam cheeses, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.