Cantonese Appetizer Meatballs
Appetizer meatballs are a party favorite, and a sure thing to add to the party menu.
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in syrup
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided use
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons instant minced onion
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
- Drain pineapple; reserve syrup. Combine syrup, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, vinegar and ketchup; set aside.
- Mix beef with remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and onion; shape into 20 meatballs.
- Brown meatballs in large skillet; drain off excess fat.
- Pour syrup mixture over meatballs; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into skillet with pineapple. Cook and stir until sauce thickens and pineapple is heated through.
Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings.