Tempting, deliciously nutty homemade cheese crackers.
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups (1 pound) shredded Wisconsin cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- Cream butter and cheese, add paprika. Add flour and salt to mixture. Combine well; stir in nuts.
- Shape dough into rolls about 1 1/4-inches in diameter and chill.
- When dough is thoroughly chilled, slice rolls into pieces about 1/4-inch thick. Place 1/2-inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to racks to cool.
- Store in tightly sealed container.
Makes about 48 wafers.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.