Cheesy Wontons with Sweet and Sour Dip
Deep-fried cheese filled wontons are served with a creamy sweet and sour dip. Delicious!
12-ounces (3 to 4 cups) Jalapeño Jack cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
24 square wonton wrappers
3 to 4 cups vegetable oil
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup of bottled sweet-sour sauce
- Place 1 cube of cheese in middle of wonton wrapper. Fold in half to form a triangle, sealing edges with water. Fold remaining 2 edges together and seal. Repeat with remaining cheese and wrappers.
- Heat oil in deep skillet to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry wontons 6 to 8 at a time until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- For dip, combine cream cheese and sweet-sour sauce in small bowl until smooth.
- Serve wontons with sauce for dipping.
Makes 12 servings with 2 tablespoons dip.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.