Chicken, Apple and Cheese Bundles
These tasty little appetizers are easy to assemble and so worth the effort. Your party guests will thank you! Submitted by Amy Terzino of Earlysville, VA.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, chopped in bite-size chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups grated smoked Gouda cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3 large rolls refrigerated commercial crescent roll dough
- In large frypan, place olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir-fry about 5 minutes or until fork can be inserted with ease.
- Remove chicken and onion to large bowl; stir in apples, cheese, salt, pepper and walnuts.
- On 1 crescent roll section, place 1 tablespoon of the chicken-apple mixture. Fold corners across filling and pinch sides to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Arrange bundles on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and place in 350°F (175°C) oven for about 15 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Makes 24 appetizer servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.