Chicken Liver Pâté
Serve this chicken liver pâté with toast points or crackers, pickled onions, assorted mustards and sweet pickles.
1 pound chicken livers, drained and halved
5 tablespoons butter, softened
2 shallots, chopped
1/4 cup brandy or cognac
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Increase heat to high; add chicken livers. Sauté until browned and firm, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken livers to the bowl of a food processor; cool for 10 minutes.
- To the food processor bowl, add cognac or brandy. Whirl until very smooth. Add shallots gradually; process until last of shallots is added.
- Transfer to bowl; cover and refrigerate until needed.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.