Coconut Monkey Mix
Loaded with toasted coconut and dried banana chips, this popcorn snack mix makes a great after-school or TV-time treat.
1 cup flaked coconut (unsweetened or sweetened)
6 cups popped popcorn
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
Dash of nutmeg
1 cup dried banana chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Spread coconut in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, breaking up any clumps as needed.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges of coconut begin to brown.
- Spread popcorn over coconut and sprinkle with melted butter; toss.
- Sprinkle popcorn mixture with sugar, salt and nutmeg; toss.
- Bake 5 minutes longer and toss with banana chips.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in an airtight container.
Makes 7 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.