Coconut Shrimp Wontons
These delicious shrimp wonton appetizers go great with Zesty Crab Cakes.
1 cup shrimp, cooked and chopped
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (9.75-ounce) jar Crosse & Blackwell Shrimp Sauce - divided use
60 won ton wrappers
1/4 cup honey
- Combine shrimp, coconut, cream cheese and 1/2 cup shrimp sauce in mixing bowl.
- Place about 2 teaspoons shrimp mixture onto one corner of one won ton wrapper; moisten edges with water. Fold in half to form triangle; press firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining won ton wrappers and shrimp mixture.
- Pour oil into large skillet to 1/4-inch depth. Heat over high heat for 1 minute.
- Fry won tons for about 30 seconds on each side or until light golden brown. Remove from skillet; drain.
- Combine remaining shrimp sauce and honey in small bowl. Serve with won tons.
Makes 60 appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.