Crab and Avocado Margaritas
Recipe courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico.
4 Margarita glasses
1/2 cup kosher salt
3 HASS AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon homemade taco seasoning*
1 pound lump crab meat
2 tablespoon lime juice
3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- Pour kosher salt onto a dinner plate. Slice one lime into four wedges and rub one wedge around the rims of each of the margarita glasses. Dip each glass rim in the salt, causing the salt to stick to the lime juice.
- Fill the bottom of one glass with 3 Hass Avocados from Mexico slices, then sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of homemade taco seasoning onto avocado slices. On top of the Hass Avocado, spread 2 tablespoons of diced tomatoes.
- Spread 2 tablespoon of crabmeat on top of the tomatoes and sprinkle with one teaspoon of lime juice. Create a second layer in the same glass, repeating steps 2 and 3. Repeat with remaining glasses.
- Garnish each glass with 3 slices of Hass Avocados from Mexico.
- Serve as a dip or salad, garnished with a lime wedge.
Makes 4 servings.
*Combine paprika, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and salt to taste. (Or, substitute with a ready-made taco seasoning mix.)
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico; mexhassrecipes.com.