Crabby Pico de Gallo Bruschetta
A crab, cheese and salsa mixture is broiled atop thin slices of French bread. Recipe by Scott C. Anderson.
1/2 pound excellent quality canned backfin crabmeat
1/2 each small red, orange and green bell pepper, small dice
1/2 large shallot, small dice
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
1/4 teaspoon coarse flaked sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2/3 cup (about 4 ounces) Wisconsin Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled
2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Baby Swiss Cheese, shredded
2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Provolone Cheese, shredded
1 tomato, seeded, small dice
16 (1/4-inch thick) diagonally cut French baguette slices
- Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line 1 or 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Gently toss crab, bell peppers, shallot, garlic, cilantro, parsley, sea salt, oil and lemon juice in large bowl; do not overmix.
- Mix 3 cheeses in large bowl.
- Lay baguette slices on sheet pans. Spoon about 2 tablespoons crab mixture on each slice. Top each with tomato. Heap and press cheese on top.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.