Crunchy Oven Baked Turkey Wings
Turkey wings recipe courtesy of National Turkey Federation.
1 1/3 cups grape nuts cereal
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup buttermilk
2 to 3 pounds turkey wings
Vegetable cooking spray
- In food processor fitted with metal blade, process cereal, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes 30 seconds or until mixture is coarsely chopped. Transfer mixture into gallon size, self closing plastic bag.
- Pour buttermilk in a (9-inch) pie plate.
- Cut off tips and center joint of wings (can be saved for turkey stock). Dip each turkey wing section into buttermilk, coating completely.
- One at a time, add wing to cereal mixture in plastic bag. Shake bag to completely coat drummettes with cereal mixture. Remove drummettes from bag. Repeat step to coat remaining drummettes.
- Place wings, in refrigerator 30 to 45 minutes to allow coating to adhere.
- Arrange wings on a 10x15x2-inch jelly roll pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F (205°C) 30 minutes. Cover wings loosely with foil and continue baking 15 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 170°F (76.6°C). when inserted in thickest part of wing.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Turkey Federation.