Crunchy Popcorn Trail Mix
Loaded with whole grain oat cereal, raisins, peanuts and sunflower kernels, this crunchy candied popcorn trail mix is sure to satisfy and boost energy levels.
5 cups popped popcorn
3 cups whole grain oat cereal
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup peanuts (or other nuts)
1/3 cup sunflower kernels
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
6 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Stir together popcorn, cereal, raisins and nuts in large microwavable bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in small saucepan.
- Heat until boiling; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Microwave 3 to 4 minutes, stirring and scrapping bowl after each minute.
- Spread onto greased cookie sheet; cool.
- Break into pieces and store in airtight container.
Makes 9 cups.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.