Dilly Deviled Eggs
You'll love the dill-licious taste of this classic egg appetizer.
1/2 cup shredded cucumber (about 1 medium)
1 teaspoon salt
6 hard-cooked eggs
1/4 cup regular or low-fat dairy sour cream
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
Carrot, radish and celery garnishes, optional
- Thoroughly combine cucumber and salt. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain well, pressing out excess liquid. Set aside.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and set whites aside.
- Mash yolks with fork.
- Stir in sour cream and dill weed until blended.
- Stir in drained cucumber.
- Refill whites, using one heaping tablespoon yolk mixture for each half.
- Chill to blend flavors.
- Garnish platter with vegetable garnishes, if desired.
Makes 12 deviled egg appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).