Fajita Chicken Wings with Avocado Dipping Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico.
2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, wingtips removed
2 packages of fajita or taco seasoning
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
Cool Ranch Avocado Dipping Sauce:
2 Hass Avocados from Mexico
1 package ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the fajita seasoning, ketchup, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce and salt in a one gallon zipper-style plastic bag. Add chicken wings, seal bag and shake until the wings are completely covered in the marinade. Refrigerate at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place wings in a single layer onto a lightly greased or nonstick baking sheet. You may have to use two baking sheets to fit all of the wings.
- Place wings in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with the Cool Ranch Avocado Dipping Sauce (recipe below).
- For Cool Ranch Avocado Dipping Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the avocado, ranch dressing mix, sour cream, and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico; www.mexhassrecipes.com.