A fajita seasoning mix easily turns ordinary quesadillas into extra-savory appetizers when combined with onion and bell peppers. Serve with a platter of jicama, melon and and mango slices dressed with a little lime juice.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil - divided use
1 cup quartered, sliced onion
1 cup green or red bell pepper strips
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
1 (1.25-ounce) package ORTEGA® Fajita or Taco Seasoning Mix
1/3 cup water
10 (6-inch) flour tortillas - divided use
2 1/2 cups 4 cheese Mexican blend - divided use
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Spread 1/2 cup fajita mixture on one tortilla; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Place second tortilla evenly over mixture.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place quesadilla in skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.