Fiery Buffalo Wings
You want hot wings? With this recipe, you'll have 'em!
24 chicken wings (about 4 pounds)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2/3 cup hot sauce
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (0.92-ounce) package roasted garlic dressing mix
- Cut off and discard wingtips; cut wings in half at joint. Place chicken in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; sprinkle with garlic powder, and shake.
- Pour oil to a depth of 5-inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry chicken 5 minutes; drain on paper towels, and cool slightly.
- Place in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add hot sauce, and shake to coat.
- Stir together sour cream, butter, and dressing mix. Serve with chicken wings.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Variation: For Spicy Buffalo Wings, prepare wings according to directions using 1/3 cup hot sauce and 1/3 cup water.