Fun, Festive Firecrackers
Seasoned ground turkey, Chinese cabbage, and water chestnuts rolled in phyllo pastry.
1/2 pound Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey
2 cups Chinese napa cabbage, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon ginger root, peeled and grated
1 tablespoon chili paste
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon white wine
1/2 cup water chestnuts, sliced
1/2 cup green onion
14 sheets phyllo dough
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 jar sweet chili sauce for accompaniment
- Cook ground turkey for 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Add cabbage, ginger, chili paste. Cook for 3 minutes. Add water chestnuts and green onion. Mix wine with cornstarch and add to mixture. Cook for another minute.
- Cut phyllo sheet in half and cover with a damp towel so they don't dry out. Take a half sheet of phyllo and brush it with a little oil. Place the other sheet on top of the first one and place 2 tablespoons filling near one end.
- Roll up and twist the ends so it looks like a firecracker.
- Brush with oil and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 113 Calories from fat: 15 Total fat: 2 gm Saturated fat: 0 gm Cholesterol: 12 mg Sodium: 447 mg Carbohydrate: 17 gm Protein: 7 gm
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.