Game fans will snap these crispy potato skins up faster than a quarterback blitz! Score extra points by offering an assortment of tasty dips and toppings.
6 small Idaho® Potatoes
1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika or Cajun seasoning
Optional Dipping and Topping Accompaniments:
Sour cream-based dips
Grated Jack or cheddar cheese
Sliced green onions
- Brush each potato lightly with oil and bake at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 45 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the centers, leaving 1/4 inch of potato attached to the skin.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper and paprika.
- Lightly brush the interior of the potatoes with oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Re-bake the potato skins at 375°F (190°C) for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with desired toppings and accompaniments.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe; does not include optional toppings): Calories: 50; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Protein: 0g; Sodium: 45mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.