Harvest Vegetable Platter with Orange Walnut Sauce
The sauce may be made up to three days ahead and refrigerated in a sealed container. To reheat, microwave two minutes on high and stir before serving.
1 acorn squash, halved, seeded and cut into thick slices
2 cups broccoli florets and sliced stems
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups sliced carrots
Orange Walnut Sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons minced green onion
1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
3/4 cup chopped California Walnuts
- On large microwave-safe platter, arrange acorn squash slices in overlapping pattern around outside edge.
- Arrange inner row with broccoli, then row of cauliflower.
- Place sliced carrots in center.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Poke with knife to make incision in center of plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender but still crisp. Let stand 5 minutes. Pour off any liquid from platter.
- In 4 cup glass measure, place butter, juice, mustard, onion and red pepper flakes. Microwave on high 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Add walnuts and stir until combined. Serve with the vegetables.
Makes 12 to 14 appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy California Walnuts.