Hawaiian Roll Up Appetizers
These appetizers make an attractive display on a pretty serving dish. In the center, have a small bowl of honey mustard for dipping. - Submitted by Barbara Whitehurst.
7 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Few tablespoons of Lawry's Hawaiian marinade
About 5 tablespoons crushed pineapple, well drained
5 romaine lettuce leaves
7 (4-inch) square slices deli Swiss cheese, cut each square into 4 strips
7 (5 inch) round slices deli sweet ham, cut into bite size pieces
Prepared Honey Mustard for accompaniment
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature and drain the pineapple thoroughly.
- Gradually mix cream cheese and enough Lawry's sauce until a good spreading consistency. Add the crushed pineapple and mix thoroughly.
- Cut main vein out of each lettuce leaf, tear into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Lay out 7 pieces of plastic wrap out and place a tortilla on each one.
- Divide and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly between the 7 tortillas.
- Place 4 strips of cheese on top of cream cheese layer.
- Place the ham pieces evenly over cheese layer.
- Place the lettuce pieces evenly over ham layer and roll up each tightly, sealing each "roll up" in the plastic sheet.
- Refrigerate for several hours and then unwrap and cut each rolled tortilla into 6 pieces and make an attractive display on a pretty serving dish. In the center, have a small bowl of honey mustard for dipping.
Makes 42 appetizers.