Hill Country Roll-Ups
Beef sirloin steak is marinated in a teriyaki marinade, then sliced into thin strips, rolled around a mushroom and grilled to perfection.
1 pound sirloin steak
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
10 medium mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, honey, ginger, oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper.
- Place steak in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Pour teriyaki mixture over steak; cover and refrigerate 4 hours, turning meat at least once. Drain meat, reserving marinade. Cut 10 crosswise strips of steak.
- Simmer mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter, or 1 cup broth, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Roll one strip of beef around each mushroom. Secure with 1 or 2 wooden picks.
- Place each grill about 4-inches above heat. Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, brushing with marinade several times.
Makes 48 appetizers.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.