Kickin' Cranberry Jalapeño Poppers
Poppers are always a party favorite, as this terrific version will easily prove.
1 pound fresh jalapeño peppers, sliced lengthwise and seeded
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 (10-ounce) package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
8 ounces Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon salt
8 to 10 round buttery crackers, crushed
1 (14 to 16-ounce) package apple-maple bacon*, slices cut in half
- Grease a baking sheet with sides with olive oil. Place jalapeño halves on baking sheet.
- Combine cream cheese, dried cranberries, cranberry sauce, garlic and salt in large bowl; mix well.
- Spoon filling into jalapeño halves.
- Top cream cheese mixture with crushed crackers.
- Wrap half-slice bacon around each filled jalapeño half. Secure with toothpick, if desired.
- Place baking sheet on grill. Cover grill; grill poppers until bacon is crispy.
Makes about 30 poppers.
*Or any smoked bacon.
Tip: Poppers can be baked in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.