Mediterranean Cheese Fingers
A Mediterranean hot sandwich consisting of olive paste, Swiss cheese, roasted red peppers and eggplant salad cut into finger-sized wedges.
1 loaf (8 ounces) soft Italian bread, 16 inches long
1/4 cup prepared olivada (olive paste)
6 ounces Wisconsin Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained - divided use
1/3 cup prepared eggplant salad
- Slit bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread olivada on both sides of bread.
- Place half of cheese slices on bottom side of bread. (Fold cheese to fit bread, if necessary.)
- Place half of peppers on top of cheese.
- Gently spread eggplant salad over peppers in an even layer.
- Cover with remaining peppers and cheese.
- Place bread on top.
- Wrap loaf tightly in aluminum foil; bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes.
- Place party toothpicks in loaf at 2 inch intervals. Use a bread knife to cut into 12 finger-sized wedges.
- Serve on a platter or tray.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.