With a blend of Tex-Mex seasonings, these fun mini-sized meatballs on skewers are perfect for party-goers of all ages...and are sure to hit the spot for those craving that South-of-the-Border flavor.
Nonstick cooking spray
3 pounds lean ground beef
2 cups quick oats
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup ketchup
2 (1.25-ounce) packets taco seasoning mix
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 large bell peppers (any color), cut into 60, 1-inch pieces
60 (4-inch) wooden skewers
Salsa and sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Foil-line 3 baking sheets and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine ground beef, oats, evaporated milk, eggs, ketchup, taco seasoning and black pepper in large bowl until just mixed. Form mixture into 120, 1-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Drain on paper towels, if needed.
- Thread two meatballs and one piece of pepper on each skewer. Place on large serving platter. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Makes 60 appetizer servings.
- Meatballs can be made and baked ahead of time, refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen up to 3 months and heated prior to serving.
- Meatballs can also be served individually with toothpicks and dipping bowls of salsas.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30 of recipe or 2 kabobs): Calories: 110 Calories from Fat: 30 Total Fat: 3.5 g Saturated Fat: 1.5 g Cholesterol: 40 mg Sodium: 260 mg Carbohydrates: 8 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 3 g Protein: 11 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.