Shrimp and muenster cheese, with egg as a binder, make up the tasty filling tucked inside refrigerated crescent rolls.
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Muenster cheese
1 cup cooked shrimp
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Stir together cheese, shrimp, onion, eggs, salt and pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Unroll crescent dough onto lightly floured surface. Pinch together perforations on both sides of dough. Fold in half crosswise. Roll out to a 9x14 inch rectangle. Brush with butter.
- Spread cheese mixture in 2 inch strip along one long edge of dough. Roll, starting at edge with filling. Firmly pinch ends together. Moisten seam with water, and smooth with table knife to seal.
- Place roll onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F(205°C) for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Makes 28 appetizer servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.