Out of This Galaxy Cantaloupe Treat
With just a couple minutes of preparation, you can turn a simple cantaloupe into a fantastic galactic treat. Add a piece of whole wheat toast and this recipe becomes a terrific meal to start the day.
1 medium sized cantaloupe
1 2/3 cups of large curd cottage cheese
1 tablespoon ground almonds, shredded coconut or raisins (or a mixture)
Drizzle of honey
- In a medium bowl combine pork, cabbage, celery and green onion; mix well.
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut the cantaloupe crosswise into rings. Trim off the rind and scoop out the seeds.
- Place each ring on a plate and carefully cut the ring into bite-sized pieces while keeping the ring shape.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the center with a scoop of cottage cheese (about 1/3 cup).
- Sprinkle a planetary dusting of ground almonds, raisins and coconut over the cottage cheese and drizzle a solar spray of honey on top.
Recipe provided courtesy of Cheryl Tallman and Joan Ahlers, founders of Fresh Baby (www.FreshBaby.com).