Oven-Fried Potato Chips
You can have your potato chips and eat light too!
Canola cooking spray
1 pound red potatoes, washed well
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons your choice of herb blend or seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line baking sheet with foil and coat with canola cooking spray (for easier cleanup).
- Using a large, sharp non-serrated knife, cut the potatoes into very thin slices, about 1/8 inch.
- Place the potato slices and canola oil in large resealable bag; seal the bag and toss to coat well.
- Open bag and spread the potato slices evenly on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt and herbs, if desired.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then flip with spatula and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 100; Fat 3.5g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 240mg; Carbohydrates 16g; Fiber 2g; Protein 2g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo. Created by Elaine Magee.