Pistachio-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Bruschetta
Exploding with flavor, pistachios, parsley and lemon zest create a savory and attractive "crust" on the pork, with ready-to-use spreads adding an unforgettable finish.
1 pound pork tenderloin
3/4 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed fresh
3/4 cup pistachio nuts, or slivered almonds
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel (about 2 lemons)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
4 ounces mild goat cheese, or spinach-artichoke cheese spread or olive tapenade
1/2 (24-inch-long) baguette, diagonally sliced and lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place parsley and nuts in blender or food processor container. Cover and blend or process just until crumbly, but not paste like. Transfer mixture to an 18-inch-long piece of waxed paper. Add lemon peel and salt; lightly mix until combined.
- Place lemon juice in pie plate. Dip pork tenderloin in juice; coat in nut mixture using waxed paper to firmly press nut mixture on pork.
- Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in heated oven for 20 to 27 minutes or until internal temperature is 145°F (162.7°C). Cool pork on rack for 20 minutes. Loosely cover with foil and chill for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, carve pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lightly spread baguette slices with cheese or tapenade. Place pork on top.
Makes 18 appetizers.
Garnish Suggestions: Dollop tops with additional cheese and/or sprinkle with snipped parsley, chives or green onion; chopped pistachio nuts; long shreds of lemon peel.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/18 of recipe): Calories: 119 calories; Protein: 8 grams; Fat: 6 grams; Sodium: 146 milligrams; Cholesterol: 17 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Carbohydrates: 9 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.