Smoked Gouda Baked Oysters and Chorizo
If chorizo is unavailable, substitute a flavorful smoked sausage for these simple, yet tantalizing baked oysters on the half shell.
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
1/3 cup (2 ounces) cooked chorizo (smoked Spanish-style sausage), finely chopped
10 shucked fresh oysters in half shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, mix the cheese and the chorizo.
- Top each oyster with equal amounts of the cheese mixture.
- Place the oysters on a 9 x 9-inch baking pan or small baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until hot and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot or warm.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.