Turkey wings recipe courtesy of National Turkey Federation.
3 ounces Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup fresh garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
1/2 cup fresh ginger, peeled and cut into slivers
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
5 pounds turkey wings
1 teaspoon smoke essence
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Cooking oil for deep frying
For Serving and Accompaniments:
2 large limes
- For Hot Sauce: Mix together Tabasco sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cilantro. Cover and reserve.
- For Turkey Wings: Cut off wing tips. (Reserve for turkey stock or soups.) Cut remaining wings into 2 pieces at each joint.
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, stir smoke essence, salt and pepper into water. Add turkey wings and cold water to cover. Over high heat, bring wings to a boil, immediately reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and pat dry with a clean paper towels. Pat wings well to remove all moisture.
- Heat oil to 350°F (175°C) to 375°F (190°C). Deep fry wings until they reach a golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer wings in bowl, add reserved hot sauce and toss gently until wings are completely coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- To Serve: Squeeze 1 lime and cut remaining lime into wedges. Pour lime juice over the wings and garnish with lime wedges. Serve with pickled ginger and wasabi.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Turkey Federation.