Stuffed Gouda or Edam
Serve this stuffed cheese with cocktail bread that has been cut into star shapes or assorted crackers.
4-inch star or cookie cutter stencil
1 whole Wisconsin Edam or Gouda (about 2 pounds) at room temperature
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup sherry
Fresh herbs (optional)
Cocktail bread or assorted crackers
Star cookie cutters in various size
- Using a star cutter or stencil as a guide, cut out a star from top of the Wisconsin Edam or Gouda cheese, lift off wax. (Or slice 1 inch off top of cheese, if preferred.) Scoop out inside of cheese with spoon, leaving a 1/4-inch shell; set shell aside.
- Coarsely chop cheese. In food processor or blender, combine cheese, butter and sherry. Process until nearly smooth.
- Pack cheese mixture lightly into shell. Garnish with herbs, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut out star-shaped cocktail bread to serve with spread, if desired.
Makes 2 cups.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.