These fun-to-make, tasty 'sushi-style' rolls are made with flour tortillas.
2 cups warm cooked medium-grain white rice
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon whipped horseradish
3 (12-inch) flour tortillas
1 roasted red bell pepper*
- In medium bowl, combine cooked rice and vinegar, mix well. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes or until cold.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish, mix well.
- Place each tortilla on 12-inch square of plastic wrap. Spread about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each tortilla, spreading to edges.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup cold rice mixture across center of each tortilla, press firmly into strip about 2-inches wide.
- Quarter cucumber lengthwise. Reserve 3 sections for another use. Remove seeds from cucumber quarter, cut into 3 thin lengthwise strips. Press 1 strip into center of each rice strip.
- Cut roasted pepper into thin strips. Place next to cucumber to form long red stripe.
- On each tortilla, mound another 1/3 cup rice mixture over cucumber and roasted pepper. With wet hands, form rice into firm rolls, completely covering cucumber and roasted pepper.
- Beginning at bottom edge, roll each tortilla firmly around rice. Wrap each roll securely in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or until well chilled.
- To serve, trim uneven ends, cut each roll into eight 3/4-inch-thick slices.
Makes 24 appetizers.
*Cut pepper in half and arrange halves, skin sides-up on baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) until skin turns black, about 25 minutes. Place peppers in cold water for several minutes; drain. Peel skin from peppers and discard (Or use canned roasted bell peppers).