Sweet Chili and Peanut Popcorn
Red pepper flakes kick up the flavor in this peanut butter, honey and brown sugar-glazed popcorn snack studded with roasted peanuts.
5 cups popped popcorn
1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts or peanuts
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Scatter peanuts over top; set aside.
- Stir together peanut butter, butter, honey, brown sugar, and hot sauce in a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave about 30 seconds. Stir to blend.
- Drizzle the peanut butter sauce over the popcorn. With a large spoon, stir popcorn until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture onto a greased, rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow popcorn to cool and before serving.
Makes 5 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.