Teriyaki Chicken Wings with Honey Glaze
For a welcome change of pace, serve these Asian-style hot wings, with a tasty honey glaze at your next party.
8 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup honey
1 cup chili sauce
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
4 pounds chicken wings
3 tablespoons teriyaki or soy sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In small saucepan melt butter and add the honey, chili sauce, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Discard tips of chicken wings and halve at the main joint. Place wings in prepared pan and drizzle with teriyaki or soy sauce, toss wings to coat well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Pour glaze over wings and bake an additional 20 minutes, basting 2 or 3 times and turning wings once.
- For crispier wings, place under the broiler for 2 minutes, just before serving.
Makes about 24 appetizers.