Thai Spring Rolls
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
3/4 pound Certified Angus Beef ® sirloin, sliced thin
1 1/2 ounces sriracha or pepper sauce
2 teaspoons red curry paste
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup Mirin (sweet cooking wine)
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons salt
8 ounces packaged slaw mix
12 pieces asparagus (top 2 to 3-inches), blanched with woody ends removed
8 spring roll papers
12 ounces pre-packaged Mediterranean salad mix
6 ounces Asian Sesame with Ginger salad dressing or any soy-based salad dressing
16 mandarin orange segments
2 ounces chow mein noodles
- Combine sriracha, curry and sesame seeds and marinate sirloin overnight in refrigerator.
- Combine vinegar, Mirin, ginger, sugar and salt; bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally. Turn off and let sit for 10 minutes Pour liquid through strainer over slaw mix, cool and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- In large pan, heat oil to smoking point. Pan-fry steaks to medium-rare (140° F internal temp.) or desired doneness. Cool.
- Place spring roll paper in hot water until it becomes pliable. Towards the bottom of each paper, place 1-ounce vegetables, 1 1/2-ounce beef and 3 asparagus spears. Roll like an large egg roll keeping it firmly wrapped.
- In medium-sized bowl, place Mediterranean salad mix. Drizzle salad dressing around sides of bowl and toss to coat with dressing.
- To assemble, place 4 mandarin oranges on plate and top with 3-ounce salad mix 1/2-ounce chow mein noodles.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 595; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 37mg; Total Carbs: 78g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 5300mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.